A Rare Glimpse

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Canada Day means a little national pride!! :) I did my duty and wore a red tank top, hehe. It was a nice day for celebrations. I headed downtown with a couple friends, checked out a few great bands that were playing (theBetween- family friendly upbeat duo, Dr. Jelly- fantastic music, I'm not sure what category it falls under but it was my favourite of the night, Emily Fennell- jazz, swing), perused the huge arts and crafts fair that was on (lots of interesting pottery, jewellery, paintings and photos that I wish I had money to buy!), hopped on the ferry to the island and back to kill some time and enjoy the scenery. An afternoon downtown isn't complete without White Mountain ice cream! I had a Bee's Nest- caramel, vanilla, cookie dough- in a waffle cone...mmm...and later on, we decided to head into the K Brew Pub for dinner. My beef burger with Swiss cheese was delicious, as were the fries with potato skins on! Totally made up for my being indecisive and not ordering a cold cranapple cider beer. The fireworks almost got rained out, but luckily, the rain was very light and stopped a bit for the fireworks. I brought an umbrella so why did it rain?? :P Now it sounds like it's pouring outside and there's thunder and lightning.

So my bathtub cold water faucet decided to break down on me yesterday, the start of a long weekend! I had to take a towel bath in my laundry basin! No fun at all, entirely down-to-the-bone humbling to have to experience that. I realize how much water is wasted when there's only a few basins of water to work with, and how much more grateful I will be when the faucet gets fixed. Now I understand just how huge a privilege I have, to be able to have clean, running water! Just one of God's many ways of reminding me to be more thankful and less proud.